Summer Home Maintenance Tips
Summer has arrived! Get your home looking great and ready for all the summer festivities with these home maintenance tips:
- A/C Tune Up– Prevent unwanted emergencies this summer by getting an A/C tune up. This routine maintenance is helpful in making sure that the fan is functioning properly, the coils are clean and that there are no faulty wiring problems that could result in a fire hazard. Inspecting the refrigerant levels is another routine check that will ensure that your A/C stays cool and your bills stay low. Additional Tip: Change your air filters once a month when using your A/C unit on a daily basis.
- Roof Check- Taking preventative measures by regularly inspecting your roof for minor damages could save you from major damages (and high costs) later. Experts advise checking your roof annually and cleaning your roof to prevent water damage.
- Clean Gutters- This routine maintenance procedure should be done twice a year. Typically early summer and late fall are the best times as the flowers will have already blown away and leaves will have already fallen. This prevents clogging and unwanted leaks.
- Window Check- Keep the heat outside this summer by checking the sealants and weather-stripping on all your windows. Make sure both the inside and outside are secure and caulk any open areas. This helps keep the inside of your home cool and the outside of your home looking great. Additional Tip: Use a toothbrush to clean the small, hard-t0-reach areas.
- Pressure Wash Exterior- Routinely remove dirt, statins and mildew from the exterior of your home by pressure washing the outside.
- Pool Maintenance- Get ready for summer by cleaning the pool, checking the water levels, and balancing the chemicals at least one week prior to opening for swim season. Additional Tip: Keep your electric bill down by using an energy-efficient pool pump.
Start the summer off right by using these simple home maintenance tips to have your home looking and feeling great!
For more information, please see original blog: She Knows